Our client is a fast-growing high profile privately owned company with revenues just over $750 million. They continue to be highly acquisition oriented and will likely reach $1 billion in revenues in the next 12 to 18 months.
The Financial Analyst will work directly with both the FP&A Manager and Director of Finance providing modeling support and analyzing financial information to assist senior executive management with strategic planning, raising capital, and identifying & closing acquisitions. The position will require presenting and discussing detailed findings and recommendations to senior management.
Our client has a fun, fast-paced, progressive and professional environment with a focus on people and the growth of those people.
Financial Modeling, Forecasting and Analysis
· Detailed financial statement reviews and analysis in forecasting the company’s current operating companies
· Lead diligence efforts in regards to understanding potential acquisition targets and developing models for the business as well as modeling M&A transactions, including raising debt or equity capital.
· Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding financials plans, forecasts, cash flow projections, statistical reports and budgets.
· Identify business trends and areas for improvement, conducting ongoing competitive analysis for the business and providing variance explanations between actual financial results and expectations.
· Research, analyze, and interpret financial reporting, metrics, and other data from public companies by reviewing market research and analyst reports and communicate findings to the senior management.
· Assimilate newly acquired companies into the financial reporting process.
· Exceptional Excel and modeling skills, Access experience is a plus.
· Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics, or mathematics.
· Two to four years’ experience with a banking, accounting, or private equity firm, or in a corporate development/finance role.
· Minimum of 2 years with financial statements modelling:
o Strong understanding of financial statement integration and ability to build flowing three statement models and a full understanding of how the models link together.
o Understanding of business combination accounting and advanced knowledge of GAAP accounting.
· Ability to manage, process and summarize large data with knowledge of integrating data from multiple sources to produce reporting.
· Exceptional communication skills including verbal, in writing, and via spreadsheet and other similar means.
· Additional competencies to perform successfully in this position include:
o Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data. Demonstrates strong financial analysis, analytical modeling skills, and attention to detail.
o Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
o Initiative - Takes ownership of tasks and sees projects through to completion. Asks for and offers help when needed. Self-starter.
o Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
o Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while completing work in timely manner.
o Communication Skills - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings as required. Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
o Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
o Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
o Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Maintains confidentiality.
Contact: Rich Lavinski at East 57th Street Partners| Email: info@E57Partners.com