East 57th Street Partners, LLC (www.E57Partners.com) is looking for SEC Reporting &Technical Accounting Professionals able to manage external reporting to the SEC and other governmental agencies. Candidates must be able to perform technical accounting research and prepare memos/whitepaper documentation for technical accounting matters affecting our Client Companies. Experience collaborating with accounting, finance, tax, legal, investor relations, field operations, treasury, compensation/benefits and other key business partners is a must.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Preparation of annual and periodic SEC filings (Form 10-K/Form 10-Q and related XBRL requirements), including filing such reports with the SEC through Workiva.
· Collaboration with internal and external legal counsel to support proxy reporting and other SEC filings as needed.
· Identify, research and summarize significant new or existing transactions or accounting related issues, including tangible and intangible asset impairment testing, leases, restructuring plans and related reporting/disclosure matters.
· Review quarterly earnings materials prepared by Investor Relations for accuracy and consistency with other SEC filings, as applicable.
· Assist Investor Relations in bringing all aspects of the earnings release drafting and filing process in-house through Workiva.
· Review journal entries and account reconciliations for technical areas, including share-based compensation, pension/OPEB, derivatives, deferred compensation and goodwill/intangibles to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal controls requirements.
· Serve as a primary liaison with external and internal auditors, including oversight of quarterly reviews and interim and annual SOX and financial statement audits.
· Manage the Company’s internal financial statement/Sarbanes-Oxley sub-certification process.
· Review monthly reconciliation of shares outstanding and calculation of basic and diluted EPS and ensure proper external financial statement presentation/disclosure.
· Degree in Accounting required.
· CPA Preferred.
· Minimum of 6 years of progressive work experience in Big 4 or combination of Big 4 and industry accounting experience.
· In-house filing experience strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
· Strong technical accounting research skills, including the ability to summarize and effectively communicate research results.
· Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
· Track-record of professionalism and integrity.
Contact: Rich Lavinski, Managing Partner| EM:info@E57Partners.com| 214-515-7633